Friday 14 March 2014

It's Coming...

Why Hello Everyone,

Long time no talk. I apologize for that, after Valentine's went by I was struck by a 3 day flu on Family Day. Having the flu while still breastfeeding meant I wasn't able to take meds to get over it as quickly as I would've liked. Nevertheless I'm back, and I've been using the last few weeks to do the following things:
  • Train my ass off for the IRONMAN 70.3 Florida in Haines City 
Yes! Only 4 weeks and 2 days till race day is here!!!! Time has flown by. Last week was a recovery week with most days only having one workout and the weekends workout were shortened by several cumulative hours. This was needed after an intense week prior, and what do you know, the respite was short lived and I'm currently back into a very intense training week once again. Tomorrow I have a 3.5 hr bike ride, 30min run and a 2000m swim. I've been feeling great for the most part other than another little bug hitting me last weekend for a few hours. With the weather now after one last snow storm (I hope) done, I plan to be riding the bike OUTSIDE tomorrow! 


The still buried nutcracker I run past every Sunday on my LSD run
  • Baby Iyla Skye & Kaiser Dog Dates 
Yes...You read that right, dates for both my daughter and dog. With the winter we've had (-12 to -30 and snow piles everywhere)  I am unfortunately unable to get my babes outside for a walk or run. For Iyla (and myself) to not experience the winter blues we've been going to 'Mother Goose' Free classes at our local library with many friends. She loves the singing, parachute, and just the experience of being with others. She shows her joy by rocking back and forth, smiling aplenty and clapping her hands. Sometimes even letting out little screams. After the class we go to a local mall to walk some laps. We've also had a chance to meet up with my sister and nephew at the mall for play time and tea. 

Poor Kaiser is not allowed in these facilities so we've set up times once a week to visit our friends in Bolton. One of my closest friends Katie, has a daughter only 3 weeks older than Iyla and a two and half year old boy, Hudson. Her family also includes a dog, a Golden Labradoodle, and his name is Cody. It's safe to say, he is one of Kaiser's best mates. They have a lovely fenced backyard where the two of them can run and frolic non stop. I've been packing both him and Iyla up early in the am so that we can spend some solid hours at their place before driving back during Iyla's long nap. This date for both Kaiser and Iyla helps both us moms bring more joy to our dogs who have been getting a little less attention since the babies came along. Once back home, Kaiser is simply exhausted after his exertion, lasting for 24hours straight! ha. Cody (Katie's dog), I hear, experiences the same thing. 

This venture has most recently included countless hours spent with amazing female individuals, and teams, within the Business Coaching, Marking, Public Relations, Copyright, and Design realms. All, which I must include, are women that truly are experts in their area of expertise and inspiring leaders. My new coaching business is called 'Yummy Mummy Life'. I will be working with new and soon-to-be moms. My motivation and driving force is to help moms find the joy, passion, support and answers they need to be their best self throughout their parenting journey. This is near and dear to me having recently joined the mom club with a beautiful nearly-9-month old baby girl. My business will be launching in April so stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment