Tuesday 28 August 2012

What Next?

Today I went to see my personal trainer, Brandon Crowe. He's been working with me on increasing my strength in my hips, glutes and pretty much everywhere to prevent muscle injury, increase my recovery and make my hill training much stronger. Initially I started working with him to prevent my nagging knee (runners knee) injury from returning. He's quite frankly phenomenal and I've seen much improvement in all areas since working with him.

Here's a video if you want to check him out:
His website is:
http://fitnessunleashedtraining.com/

Today he put me through a tough workout focused on my hamstrings that are my weak zone, my biceps, triceps and core. During the workout when I had a chance to recover I started thinking about what I'm going to train for now and how I need his support.

With my tri's being over for the summer I know I want to focus on my running but instead of doing just marathons I want to mix it up! I am very open here to any suggestions you all might have!!!

My gremlin tends to want me to focus on time and having an improvement each race, but what I want is to change it up. What I mean is, I want to do a few different distances this fall from 5k's to full marathons and I want to do a Halloween Run. I am in Toronto so I want to keep them fairly close to home. I want to really have fun while doing my races. Yes I will still do some races to increase my time but I am all about the FUN this FALL.

FUN FALL RACE GOALS 2012:
1. I will run a race in a costume.
2. I will run a race from start to finish with a friend. 
3. I will run a race with a family member. 
4. I will do a new trail race. 
5. I will seek a race that is dog friendly so my trusty boxer, Kaiser can join.

My trusty companion Kaiser


If you know any races in the Toronto area that would fulfill these goals, please let me know!!!
Or if you have any FUN FALL goals that you think I need to add, I'd love your feedback.





No comments:

Post a Comment