Wednesday 14 August 2013

Bulking Up

Week two of training is underway and prior to starting it I knew I had to add something back in that I had given up during pregnancy...My SHAKES! My morning protein shakes.

I have tried many different brands over the years but there is an outlier that I decided is worth the price and I must have it back in my life.

What is this protein shake you ask... and where can I get it???

The brilliant makers of this shake is by a company called: HERBALIFE

Easily confused with Herbal Magic..The weight loss company. Much much different.

HERBALIFE sponsors many athletes from the MLS Soccer team LA Galaxy, top professional soccer player, Cristiano Ronaldo, top triathletes, Triathlete races and your everyday athletes too!

So the delicious items I purchase to make my shake includes:

  • Formula 1 Nutritional Shake Mix: French Vanilla
They have other great flavours including: dutch chocolate, wild berry, and cafe latte. The reason I choose 'French Vanilla' is because I can then make my shake any flavour I want by adding ingredients such as cocoa powder, frozen fruit, juice, and jello powder. The vanilla mixes well with everything I've tried thus far. 

  • Formula 3 Personalized Protein Powder
I add this into my shake for extra protein.



The reason I choose this shake combination over others is due to the flavour and the energy it gives me. Many other shakes I've tried don't mix very well with other ingrediants and can have weird textures to them (often grainy almost). 

I usually have my shake either for breakfast, pre and or post work! I would have it all day if I could. It makes a satisfying healthy dessert too! 

Today was my first day back with it and I had it before I did my weight workout. I decided to make it a Vanilla Cherry Raspberry flavoured shake. Here's my recipe:



Ingredients:
  • 2 scoops of Formula 1 French Vanilla Nutritional Shake Mix
  • 2 tsp of Formula 3 Personalized Protein Powder
  • 3 ice cubes
  • 6 frozen cherries
  • 1 tsp of sugar free raspberry jello powder
  • 1 cup of vanilla almond milk

Place ice cubes and frozen cherries in first (if you add them last you have a splash factor to take in), next add the milk and lastly the powders (putting the powder in first I find doesn't mix as well). Place in a blender, and then your good to go (I use the bullett...LOVE IT). 

Well hope you all get a chance to one day enjoy this amazing tasty product, if not try the recipe with your own protein powder and enjoy. 






No comments:

Post a Comment