Friday 11 October 2013

Trail Mazes and Fall Fun


Today I went out for my run with the intention of exploring some new trails while completing an easier paced 8 mile run. Not long after hitting mile 1 I took a turn on a new trail that was secluded and beautiful with the sun streaming in at 8 in the morning. This trail was suppose to connect to another trail  but just seemed to end and I wound up on some street that was not marked. Thank goodness for having my iphone! I figured I'd just find out where I was at and get back on route.

(Normally I wouldn't mind being lost for however long on a run but with a baby at home and no bottles pre pumped I knew I was on a time schedule. IYLA is very routine and poor Kevin would be in for a crying round if I didn't make it home ).

I pulled up my 'mapmyrun' app that I use to create routes. I found my location and thought to myself "this cannot be right I am WAY off where I was meant to be". I apparently took the wrong trail and I had a mile to go to get back on the right one. Off I went and soon enough I was where I was meant to be only to get lost again since the trail decided to split into 5 different directions. Mapmyrun did not show all these options. I felt I was in one of those corn mazes and that someone up above was probably laughing at me.

My phone was unable to help me at this point so I had to just try different paths till I found the right one. This went on 2 more times on the way out and 2 times on the way back. Your probably wondering how did this happen on the way back...Well I wanted to take the original trail I had planned so I didn't end up doing a straight out and back run.

All in all I was only 20mins over my planned time, baby was fine, and I got to see tons more trails than I thought. I honestly can't wait to try this run again now that I have a somewhat better grasp on where to go.

Once home I had a quick turn around so that our family could go out in this fantastic warm sunny fall weather to pick up some outdoor decorations. We headed a bit North to a place called, 'Terra Green Houses'. They had a large assortment of pre arranged fall flowers, pumpkins and more. With mine and Kevin's back thumbs, pre arranged flowers is the way to go and makes life a little easier!

Iyla and Kevin enjoying the warm sun

I love this little pumpkin

Iyla meeting a witch for the first time, she seems undecided

Love the long stems on these pumpkins

Checking out

Ready to start decorating

No comments:

Post a Comment