Friday 8 November 2013

Always Better Together

With Kevin still away at Nationals, Iyla and I have been using our time wisely this week to create new dishes.

I love to cook and bake and having Iyla in on the process brings it to a whole new level. I can't wait till she's a bit older so that she can be more hands on versus a spectator/supporter right now. I actually love where she's at right now and each age has it's own special moments. For now I explain the process to Iyla and she laughs at different things I say and is fascinated when I stir things.

I typically plan out what I want to cook by looking at delicious recipes on pinterest and/or on my step-mom Rosey's blog, Cookin' Rosey

This time, I just looked at what we had in our kitchen and put the pieces together.

Step 1:

Wake up Iyla (One of my favourite parts of the day!)

As you can see in the picture she is always pure smiles and giggles in the am. She also is moving around tons so on this particular day she kicked off her blanket and pushed her self back to her pillow.


Step 2:

Set up chef Iyla

I have to tell you the 'Bumbo' Iyla is sitting in is brilliant. She loves sitting up tall and it gives great back support to her. She enjoys when I put it on our table or kitchen counter because she is closer to my height. Laughing away again as I chopped up veggies.


Step 3: Prep and Cook

Since having Iyla this is divided into two separate time pieces. In the morning I prep and put my prep back in the fridge and in the afternoon I cook it up.

All the meals made below are super easy and for the most part, they are healthy. Something you don't see in the picture is the guacamole added to the, 'veggie crack'. I add it in right before I eat it, so that it doesn't spoil.

Step 4: Finished Product!! ENJOY

I will post the recipes to the following meals on my trisout pinterest later this week.




Now to all of you...

What are your favourite recipes?

How do you get your kids involved in the kitchen?

What do you do in your free time post race?


No comments:

Post a Comment