Wednesday 27 November 2013

The New Shoe Review


Before the snow had a chance to hit the 'Lighthouse Cove' grounds, I had the opportunity to test out my New Balance 890v4's. The Cove, being one of the places I grew up in, is where I share many of my fondest memories. With childhood friends I enjoyed boating, skiing, playing hockey on the canals and let me not forget, hide and seek in the dark. This hidden jewel of a community is located within 'Lakeshore' situated on Lake St.Clair.

My dad, and step mom Rose, used to live in this active community before embarking in their RV adventures and travels. Now when they come back, they rent a cottage or stay here with friends. While visiting, it goes without saying my parents were excited to babysit, giving Kevin and I the chance to go on a run together. This was the first time since having Iyla that it was just us 2 running, no dog or baby to push. Here I am below ready to embark on my first long run after the marathon (this was 2 weeks ago tomorrow). 


I can't tell you my pace because I didn't wear my watch. I take a break from my watch after every marathon for three weeks so that I am running and purely enjoying the surroundings, distraction free!

The distance we covered was 6 miles and this is what I learned about my new shoes:

- Great fit and space in the toebox
- Wider than my New Balance 1400's but still comfortable 
- Laces are an old school feel and they don't have much stretch, I'd prefer them to have more elasticity
- I could feel more cushion under my feet than in my 1400's. They made me feel so light and bouncy
- I love the bottom and the fact that I never get any stones or rocks in them 

Kevin below at Luken Marina, our turn-around point. You can see the Thames River behind him and how low the water level is. 


We are surrounded by windmills now, it's still crazy to me because growing up there were none. Now they are EVERYWHERE.  


All done and spending some time relaxing. 
Great run. Great to be home. And so far so good....Great shoes! 




No comments:

Post a Comment